Normal Topic DTF Doctor (Read 1528 times)
Infinity
Members

Diagonally parked in a
parallel dimension

DTF Doctor
Apr 5th, 2006 at 8:09pm
Print Post Print Post  
OK, so I bought DTF Doctor.  Looks like a pretty cool tool.  So far I've used it to examine the Q&A 5.0 database that Erika told me was corrupted (strange characters appearing in retrieve spec of final field).

Well I'm probably not using it correctly because it's knocking the crap out of my database.  It found corruption in several specs, and advised me to use "Fix Specs" and then Restore through Q&A.  Did that.  Seemed to go OK.

But.  Now when I try to edit the reports that had the corrupted specs, Q&A gives me the dreaded 04CC error.  Then, after that, DTF Doctor reports that the design is corrupt and gives up on it.  Q&A is still quite happy with it, though, except for the reports that DTF Doctor "fixed".

Anyone have any tips or tricks regarding "Fix Specs"?  Should I avoid it altogether and just re-create the affected reports through Q&A?  So far it seems like DTF Doctor is a great tool for finding flaws, but not so great fixing them.  But I've just started with it.  Good thing I'm working with backups!

Any help would be appreciated.  This is not an emergency; I'm still in the experimentation phase.

Captain Infinity
IP Logged

Hammer
YaBB Administrator
Lanticans

Fire bad. Tree pretty.

Re: DTF Doctor
Reply #1 - Apr 5th, 2006 at 8:29pm
Print Post Print Post  
Scott,

If you need support on DTF Doctor, contact John Dow.

- Hammer
The plural of anecdote is not data.
IP Logged

Infinity
Members

Diagonally parked in a
parallel dimension

Re: DTF Doctor
Reply #2 - Apr 5th, 2006 at 8:42pm
Print Post Print Post  
Thanks Erika.  I am in contact with John and so far he's given me some good advice.  I think I have a handle on the problem now.  It's a "generational" thing.

I'll work it out.  Thanks again.

Captain Infinity
IP Logged