Normal Topic Need help with report column headers (Read 363 times)
esgage

No personal text

Need help with report column headers
Feb 6th, 2006 at 3:48pm
Print Post Print Post  
To whom it may concern:

I have been working on creating a new Sesame application for our company for a few months now as my time permits. I am now to the point of designing reports. I come from a Q & A for Windows background so what I am looking for used to be done automatically.

I read in the manual that since Sesame reports are generated with HTML, page breaks are not an issue. However, I have a columnar report that is 8 pages long when it transfers to my browser (Microsoft Explorer.) Is there a way for Sesame to automatically reprint the Group header titles when a new page is viewed? I have our Open Jobs report that looks great, but on page 2 or 3 the person looking at the data would have to go back to page 1 to view what the column information is. Is it possible to prevent this?

Thank you for your help and all past help!

Kevin

E & S Gage

IP Logged

Hammer
YaBB Administrator
Lanticans

Fire bad. Tree pretty.

Re: Need help with report column headers
Reply #1 - Feb 6th, 2006 at 3:53pm
Print Post Print Post  
If you are using version 1.1.3, this from the Sesame Change Log should do the trick:

Quote:
Reports now include an option to repeat the first group header (column headers) at the top of each page. To use this new feature, choose Table (First Group Header Repeats) from the View Type dropdown on the View Header Properties dialog.

- Hammer
The plural of anecdote is not data.
IP Logged

esgage

No personal text

Re: Need help with report column headers
Reply #2 - Feb 6th, 2006 at 4:12pm
Print Post Print Post  
Hammer:

It was the simple. That did the trick. Thank you for saving me some time!

Kevin E & S

IP Logged