Normal Topic Mode:  Locked (Read 397 times)
SpencerWulwick
Members

Mode:  Locked
Oct 4th, 2005 at 6:16pm
Print Post Print Post  
Hi -

Sometimes when I am working in a database and leave one record to work on another .... and then go back to the original record, the original record is "greyed" out and the Mode reports "Locked."

This is especially true (I believe) if I am in the process of adding a new record and switch to search mode and then search again to get back to the original record.

Although my computers are networked, this occurs when only one computer is being used (and all the others are shut off).

The only way I have been able to access the record is to close the database and reopen it.  I would think there is probably an easier way; however, I could not find anything addressing this issue in the User Guide.

This is especially irritating at present, because I am doing a lot of data entry and frequently have to get information from another record ... to input to the 'new' one.

Anything I can do to "unlock" the record, while I am accessing it, so that I can continue working on it?

Thanks!

- Spencer

** Practice random kindness & senseless acts of beauty!
IP Logged

Ray the Reaper
Global Moderator
Members
Lantica Support

The One & The Only

Re: Mode:  Locked
Reply #1 - Oct 4th, 2005 at 6:35pm
Print Post Print Post  
Hello Spencer,

The mode indicator will say locked if you have the same record open in Add Data mode and Search/Update Mode at one time. Next time the mode indicator says Locked, look and see if the record that you are on is open in another mode.

-Ray

Raymond Yoxall Consulting
ray.yoxall@gmail.com
ryoxall@lantica.com
Sesame Applications, Design and Support
IP Logged

SpencerWulwick
Members

Re: Mode:  Locked
Reply #2 - Oct 4th, 2005 at 7:37pm
Print Post Print Post  
OK Ray-

You "found" my problem ... now any suggestions for a solution?  lol

I know that I could close the form, but that takes me back to the Sesame Database Manager "opening" screen.  Is there any way I can "close" the form and wind up in search mode?

Thanks!

- Spencer

** Practice random kindness & senseless acts of beauty!
IP Logged