Normal Topic New to Sesame, PLEASE HELP... (Read 364 times)
mjaramillo

i > u

New to Sesame, PLEASE HELP...
Aug 11th, 2005 at 8:51pm
Print Post Print Post  
I am new to this program and know nothing about it. I have been hired to run as admin and need help.

Here's the deal:
I have an application already built
I would like to create a new application with the same forms, but different name (DB file)
I try to create a new app in designer and it tells me I cannot save to xxxxx file, even if I specify new name and everything.

Any help would be appreciated.

Of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind the most.

IP Logged

BOBSCOTT
Members

That Darn Computer #$X#
{curse words}

Re: New to Sesame, PLEASE HELP...
Reply #1 - Aug 12th, 2005 at 1:07am
Print Post Print Post  
If I understand you correctly you want the same exact application with a different Db name.

One method Sesame offers you is from Sdesigner. Open  the existing db in Sdesigner then click the application file folder at  the bottom of the command tree.

click save as new application.

type in the name you would like it to be and click Accept.

Thats it. you now have the same app with a different Name.

You stated you were hired to run as Admin, Make sure you have an updated copy of the manuals (if not purchase a set). You should take a look at the training schedule offered by Hammer Data systems  http://www.hammerdata.com/training.html and subscribe to Inside Sesame at www.Insidesesame.com. There is also a Sesame Users conference coming up in October you should consider attending.

You inherited a great product -  Lanticas customer service is the best you will find anywhere and the people on this forum are always willing to help.

Best of Luck
  Smiley

Team – Together Everyone Achieves More

IP Logged