Normal Topic Report Breaks (Read 3146 times)
proudpoppy
Members

Do What ??

Report Breaks
Jan 14th, 2005 at 1:44am
Print Post Print Post  
I have followed the direction on pg.377-379 of the manual trying to get a report to break when the catagory changes from type "AC" to "PL" I set the break value at 1 also tried 0 but nothing happens?? Help.....       ??? ???

Any tips appreciated,hadn't even looked at Inside Sesame this month, just looked at it and it features group breaks in reports.Hehe  Grin Grin

IP Logged

Hammer
YaBB Administrator
Lanticans

Fire bad. Tree pretty.

Re: Report Breaks
Reply #1 - Jan 14th, 2005 at 12:55pm
Print Post Print Post  
Quote:
I have followed the direction on pg.377-379 of the manual trying to get a report to break when the catagory changes from type "AC" to "PL" I set the break value at 1 also tried 0 but nothing happens?? Help.....       ??? ???

Any tips appreciated,hadn't even looked at Inside Sesame this month, just looked at it and it features group breaks in reports.Hehe  Grin Grin

The Category Element must be placed in the Group Body, even if it is set to be invisible. Set the Break Value to 0 and the Break Element to the Category Element. This will cause the group to break whenever the  Category changes.

- Hammer
The plural of anecdote is not data.
IP Logged

proudpoppy
Members

Do What ??

Reply #2 - Jan 14th, 2005 at 1:34pm
Print Post Print Post  
I have the Catagory in the group body as LE92 bound to catagory, then in "group header 1", I have break element set to LE92 and break value of 0. I sort the database on catagory asending, then item number asending, but when I preview the report there is no breaks between the catagories.

IP Logged

Hammer
YaBB Administrator
Lanticans

Fire bad. Tree pretty.

Reply #3 - Jan 14th, 2005 at 1:53pm
Print Post Print Post  
Quote:
I have the Catagory in the group body as LE92 bound to catagory, then in "group header 1", I have break element set to LE92 and break value of 0. I sort the database on catagory asending, then item number asending, but when I preview the report there is no breaks between the catagories.

OK. So far, so good. Now, do you have anything in the Group Header or in the Group Footer?

- Hammer
The plural of anecdote is not data.
IP Logged

proudpoppy
Members

Do What ??

Reply #4 - Jan 14th, 2005 at 2:01pm
Print Post Print Post  
Thanks Hammer, while I was waiting I was reading your article in Inside Sesame, and found what I wasn't doing its working like a charm now. Cheesy

I added a catagory element in the group header 1, and sum in the group footer 1.

IP Logged