Normal Topic Export issues (Read 1923 times)
digimom1962

Natalie Gann

Export issues
Dec 24th, 2004 at 3:45pm
Print Post Print Post  
Tongue prob just a newbie error but I have not a clue why this isn't working.

I search for a file, click on export data on the command tree which pops up the window. I make my choices, give the file a name and click on "OK"

nothing, nada, zero, zilch, zip . . . no file is created. It doesn't even take time to process. It is the same as if I had clicked "Cancel" (which I didn't, by the way) Wink

It works if I use the options at the bottom left to make selections first but I am trying to do it with programming &/or keystrokes so I can make a macro or something to do a merge file. Just clicking and recording that got some crazy results. I am most likely doing it the hard way or missing something wildly obvious. I have all the samples from the masters conf. but that programming is a little beyond me right now. I am REALLY good at copy paste though. Any suggestions appreciated.

Happy Holidays!

So much time and so little to do . . . strike that, reverse it.
YIM YIM  
IP Logged

The Cow
YaBB Administrator

Re: Export issues
Reply #1 - Dec 24th, 2004 at 4:08pm
Print Post Print Post  
The piece you are probably missing is the "Set All" choice in the menu that appears just above the "Spec Handler" (the area at the bottom left). There is a menu directly above it. One of the choices on that menu is "Set All".

You can either load an export spec that has already set all of the LEs to be exported, or you can use the mouse to select the menu choice. Or, you can set focus to the Command Tree, use the arrow keys to navigate down to the spec handler (the highlight will disappear from the command tree, and reappear on the first LE in the spec handler). Hit the up arrow once to go to the spec handler menu. Then hit the space bar. This will open the spec menu. Cursor down to select "Set All".

Macros can record either keyboard or mouse strokes. So if you want to do this with a macro you are not limited to using the keyboard only. Remember that with macros: context is everything - so try to make sure that you have the same starting point when you play it back as when you recorded it.

To do this in programming, create the export spec and save it. Use the LoadExportSpec command to load that spec. You can then run the export spec with SelectTreeItem.

Mark Lasersohn&&Programmer&&Lantica Software, LLC
IP Logged

digimom1962

Natalie Gann

Re: Export issues
Reply #2 - Dec 24th, 2004 at 4:34pm
Print Post Print Post  
Thanx, I think saving an export spec & loading it was what I missed. I'll play with that a while and see where I end-up. (I only have 1 day a week most weeks)

So much time and so little to do . . . strike that, reverse it.
YIM YIM  
IP Logged