Normal Topic Combo Box Design Problem (Read 2489 times)
PianoMan
Members

No personal text

Combo Box Design Problem
Dec 20th, 2004 at 4:31am
Print Post Print Post  
Using Sesame Designer, I cannot get the Property Editor to apply certain changes I make to Combo Boxes.
After adding several text boxes and combo boxes to my form, I go to Property Editor to change the Box Style "Look" of a Combo Box. For example, after selecting a combo box, I choose "Thin Up" as a Box Style. So far, so good. I save the design, and close the design. I open up the form again, and my Box Style change is gone!

Thank you,
--Jon

IP Logged

Bob_Hansen
Members

WOW, They have the Internet
on computers now!

Re: Combo Box Design Problem
Reply #1 - Dec 20th, 2004 at 6:54am
Print Post Print Post  
Hello Jon--

Just to let you know that I was not able to duplicate your problem on my system. 

I changed a combo box to ThinUp.  Viewer confirmed the change.  Saved changes.  Closed Design, went to Preview Mode.   Went back to Design mode, and confirmed that ThinUp was still the defined Look.   Repeated with ThinDown, Shadow, Bordered, got same results.

Works OK for me.  Using Version 1.1

Did notice that visual appearance of some styles are not readily apparent, but the defined Look was retained.  Could do more testing with larger boxes, but no time to do that now.........

Bob Hansen
Sesame Database Manager Professional
Sensible Solutions Inc.
Salem, NH
603-898-8223
Skype ID = sensiblesolutions
IP Logged

PianoMan
Members

No personal text

Reply #2 - Dec 20th, 2004 at 3:27pm
Print Post Print Post  
That's right, Bob. For example, I change a combo box style to "Flat."
The Property Viewer says that the box style is changed, and the combo box does change its look until I save the design and close the form. When I open it back up, or reconcile and open the .db, the box style has not changed!

IP Logged

Steve_in_Texas

No personal text

Reply #3 - Dec 22nd, 2004 at 3:03am
Print Post Print Post  
This may not be related to your issue, but something similar happened to me the other day. Working from home, I made various changes to my form, and each time I opend my db, the changes were not there.

It FINALLY occured to me that the DB that i was opening was actually the db at my office which had the same name as the db on my local drive.

I was connecting via the internet and the speed was so smooth and it connected so quickly that I had no idea I was working remotely. (The DSR I was working in was on the local drive).

I thought that was great! Thanks Lantica!

Steve

IP Logged