Normal Topic Reports don't open in the Default Browser (Read 895 times)
Don Newlin

No personal text

Reports don't open in the Default Browser
Nov 2nd, 2004 at 3:42pm
Print Post Print Post  
I am running 1.04 Windows clients against a Linux server and the extra speed outweighs any and all problems I have had.

When a report is run (either Preview or Print Immediate) I get a Windows Error message:

Windows cannot find  '/home/e-smith/files/ibays/sesamedata/files/sesame/NameofReportHere.htm' Make sure you typed the name correctly, and then try again.  To search for a file, click the Start button, and then click Search.

The reports are stored in the client's working directory as identified by it's shortcut.  (Or on the desktop if you run the client from an icon and don't specify a working directory)  They open with no problem once located.

Is there any way to get Linux to pass the proper location to Windows.  I have read the section on environment variables, but don't see how this would help.

IP Logged

Hammer
YaBB Administrator
Lanticans

Fire bad. Tree pretty.

Re: Reports don't open in the Default Browser
Reply #1 - Nov 2nd, 2004 at 4:10pm
Print Post Print Post  
Don,

This is a bug which is fixed in 1.1. The program is picking up the current working directory from the server instead of from the client, where the report is actually being written.

Setting the SESAME_REPORT_PATH environment variable on the clients should take care of this for you in 1.0.4.

- Hammer
The plural of anecdote is not data.
IP Logged