Normal Topic Search Update (Read 1164 times)
bstone30

No personal text

Search Update
Oct 19th, 2004 at 3:09pm
Print Post Print Post  
I have noticed that when doing a record search pressing f7 (for subesequent searches)  does not clear the previous search spec and that you cannot type a new spec over the existing spec.  The new text is added to the existing spec and you must must erase the previous spec in order to enter a new one.  In QA you could type over the old spec.  I have toggled the insert key and it does not seem to be functional.  This is a minor problem, but can be annoying when searching for a list of records.  Does anyone know how to work around this?

IP Logged

CapitalG
Members

Re: Search Update
Reply #1 - Oct 19th, 2004 at 3:53pm
Print Post Print Post  
In Sesame you can hit F7 and then F3 to erase the retrieve spec information .  If you do not need to retain some of the spec elements this should work for you.

IP Logged

The Cow
YaBB Administrator

Reply #2 - Oct 19th, 2004 at 4:29pm
Print Post Print Post  
In 1.0.5 pressing the insert key, toggles highlight mode. In highlight mode, when the cursor enters a text LE, the contents of that LE are highlighted, allowing type-over, copy, cut, paste-over, etc...

Mark Lasersohn&&Programmer&&Lantica Software, LLC
IP Logged

bstone30

No personal text

Reply #3 - Oct 19th, 2004 at 4:49pm
Print Post Print Post  
Thanks Marc and Ericka.  1.05 where are you? It seems like a lot of good work has been put into this upgrade and I'm anxiously awaiting its arrival!

IP Logged

The Cow
YaBB Administrator

Reply #4 - Oct 19th, 2004 at 5:34pm
Print Post Print Post  
Quote:
Thanks Marc and Ericka.  1.05 where are you? It seems like a lot of good work has been put into this upgrade and I'm anxiously awaiting its arrival!

Not really up to us. As developers we get told about deadlines and feature requests and try our best to implement them. Then we submit our stuff to testing. After a couple of go arounds, it heads off to the documentation folks (where 1.0.5 is now). After they have had their way with it, it comes back to us with docs for "technical review", we give our okay, and its off to production to be printed (if needed) and burnt to CDs. The CDs get tested for install issues. Then we get an okay from management to put it up on the web.

So I can't give you a precise date. I wish I could, but its not up to me. The last I heard was that the testing is going very well and the documentation is coming along simultaneously.

I am happy that its not my job to document. The "change log" (the file created by the developers to document changes and additions in technical terms) for 1.0.5 is 556 lines long. We were tempted to call this release 1.1 instead of 1.0.5.

Mark Lasersohn&&Programmer&&Lantica Software, LLC
IP Logged