Normal Topic Combo Box Bug? (Read 1846 times)
PianoMan
Members

No personal text

Combo Box Bug?
Oct 15th, 2004 at 3:06am
Print Post Print Post  
I'm uncertain if this issue has been addressed yet. I'm having trouble getting On Element Immediate Change programming to execute with combo boxes. It appears to be a bug.
I fill an empty combo box with a value from the drop-down. To me, that's immediate change. However, no programming executes. Is anyone else having this problem, or am I missing something?

Thanks

IP Logged

Steve_in_Texas

No personal text

Re: Combo Box Bug?
Reply #1 - Oct 15th, 2004 at 3:13am
Print Post Print Post  
PianoMan,

I feel your pain. I've wrestled with those things for hours ans hours. Erika pointed out that there IS a bug related to the programming firing when its not supposed to. She said it has been fixed in the next version 1.0.5 due out very soon.

Do a search and you'll see more details on the bug I've experienced.

Steve

IP Logged

The Cow
YaBB Administrator

Reply #2 - Oct 15th, 2004 at 10:56am
Print Post Print Post  
Quote:
I'm uncertain if this issue has been addressed yet. I'm having trouble getting On Element Immediate Change programming to execute with combo boxes. It appears to be a bug.
I fill an empty combo box with a value from the drop-down. To me, that's immediate change. However, no programming executes. Is anyone else having this problem, or am I missing something?

Thanks

No, you're not "missing something". This is something I'd like to see happen as well. It is, however (as far as I know), unrelated to the problems Steve has been experiencing. The on element change event does fire if an item in the combo's pulldown has been selected - even if focus does not move off of the combo box. This can be used to substitute for the immediate change event in this instance.

The immediate change should also fire when typing in a combo, but doesn't until the pulldown appears or focus goes to the pulldown. I'll see what I can do.

Mark Lasersohn&&Programmer&&Lantica Software, LLC
IP Logged

PianoMan
Members

No personal text

Reply #3 - Oct 15th, 2004 at 4:22pm
Print Post Print Post  
Quote:
The on element change event does fire if an item in the combo's pulldown has been selected - even if focus does not move off of the combo box. This can be used to substitute for the immediate change event in this instance.

Mark,
Well, I tried a simple on element change program for the combo box, and when I selected an item, it did not fire. Here's the code:
If NOT @IsBlank(ComboBox)
{
     If @IsBlank(LE4)
     {      
     LE4 =  ComboBox
     Clear(ComboBox)
     }
     ELSE
     {
     LE4 += @NewLine() + ComboBox
     Clear(ComboBox)
     }
}
Undecided

IP Logged

Ray the Reaper
Global Moderator
Members
Lantica Support

The One & The Only

Reply #4 - Oct 15th, 2004 at 4:41pm
Print Post Print Post  
Hello Jon,

The code looks to be correct, I copied it and ran it here in 1.0.4. Could you send support the database so we can have a look at it?

Raymond Yoxall Consulting
ray.yoxall@gmail.com
ryoxall@lantica.com
Sesame Applications, Design and Support
IP Logged

Ray the Reaper
Global Moderator
Members
Lantica Support

The One & The Only

Reply #5 - Oct 15th, 2004 at 5:22pm
Print Post Print Post  
Jon,

Your code is running fine. Select "Install" from your list then select "Repair" from your list. When you select Repair, Install shows up in LE4 and if you hit Tab, Both of them will appear in LE4.

I just tested it in 1.0.5 and as soon as you select an item from the list it will appear in LE4

-Ray

Raymond Yoxall Consulting
ray.yoxall@gmail.com
ryoxall@lantica.com
Sesame Applications, Design and Support
IP Logged

PianoMan
Members

No personal text

Reply #6 - Oct 18th, 2004 at 8:33pm
Print Post Print Post  
Looks like we're getting combo boxes de-bugged. That's good news.
However, I am having trouble getting on element exit programming to fire when I exit to a subform. I tab out of the element, which tabs me into the subform, and the programming does not fire!?!?

IP Logged