Normal Topic crashing and bugs when using multi-user (Read 1139 times)
Steve_in_Texas

No personal text

crashing and bugs when using multi-user
Sep 30th, 2004 at 8:44pm
Print Post Print Post  
We're seeing an issue when two users are working and one exits, the other user locks up or can not save the record they are working in. Often the server crashes and has to be restarted (no unlocking is necessary).

Both users are using forms with subforms, but the data and forms are different on each machine. They are working in the same App.

Hopefully this has been fixed in 1.0.5?

Thanks,
Steve

IP Logged

Hammer
YaBB Administrator
Lanticans

Fire bad. Tree pretty.

Re: crashing and bugs when using multi-user
Reply #1 - Oct 5th, 2004 at 11:05am
Print Post Print Post  
We've done quite a bit of work of client-server for 1.0.5. Your issue is probably fixed. Actually, your problem sounds like the one we posted on the Workarounds page quite awhile ago.

Quote:
Bug: X commands (like XLookup) incorrectly decrement application reference count in a client-server environment.

Symptoms:
The server may unload an application while clients still have it open. This may cause the clients to appear to lose their server connection. Errors referring to setting fields, Limbo values and session lists may appear in the logs.

Workaround:
Hotfix available. Contact Technical Support.

Fixed in 1.0.5

- Hammer
The plural of anecdote is not data.
IP Logged

Steve_in_Texas

No personal text

Reply #2 - Oct 5th, 2004 at 4:35pm
Print Post Print Post  
Erika, your probably right. I ran into this problem frequently when working over internet connection. I didnt think that it would also occur over office LAN.

I'll wait for 1.0.5.

Thanks for the reminder.

Steve

IP Logged

Steve_in_Texas

No personal text

Reply #3 - Oct 7th, 2004 at 4:23pm
Print Post Print Post  
Another weird thing happened today. I ran a mass update on 319 records, then I left my computer with the last record open on my screen.

Another user went into a different form in add mode and added a record, then after pressing F10, the last record of my mass update appeared on their screen (while they were still in add mode).

I assume this is also related to the above bug. It seems we've gotten to the point where 2 users can't work reliably in Sesame at all. Since you mentioned 1.0.5 wont be ready for a few more weeks, I think I'll need to get the hotfix. I wanted to make you aware, just in case this is an undscovered issue.

I'll request this from Tech support later today.

Thanks,

Steve

IP Logged