Normal Topic 1.0.5 Coming Attractions (Read 1346 times)
Bob_Hansen
Members

WOW, They have the Internet
on computers now!

1.0.5 Coming Attractions
Oct 6th, 2004 at 3:16am
Print Post Print Post  
I know that all of the new features to be released in 1.0.5 were not covered at the User Conference.  But thought I would let you in on one I just discovered tonight that I don't think was mentioned last weekend.

When using the Element Editor to make an element Read Only, you can now select to have the element "grayed out" or "not grayed out".  I am really happy to see that.  I know that I have had to fuss with different color combinations in the past to solve that.  That problem is now history. 

It's only one small item, but it is also another example of active listening and response.

Thanks a lot to the Lantica team!

Bob Hansen
Sesame Database Manager Professional
Sensible Solutions Inc.
Salem, NH
603-898-8223
Skype ID = sensiblesolutions
IP Logged

Carl Underwood
Members

Re: 1.0.5 Coming Attractions
Reply #1 - Oct 6th, 2004 at 11:12am
Print Post Print Post  
Mark or Erika,

So when do the rest of us, who were not at the conference, get to see 1.0.5? Smiley

Did the conference attendees get a beta version or final release of 1.0.5?

Carl Underwood
CDU Computer Consulting LLC
Epsom, New Hampshire
IP Logged

Hammer
YaBB Administrator
Lanticans

Fire bad. Tree pretty.

Reply #2 - Oct 6th, 2004 at 11:54am
Print Post Print Post  
Quote:
Mark or Erika,

So when do the rest of us, who were not at the conference, get to see 1.0.5? Smiley

Did the conference attendees get a beta version or final release of 1.0.5?

Conference attendees got a Beta version of 1.0.5. The final release will be available in a few weeks, when the regression testing and documentation is completed. There are a LOT of new features in 1.0.5.  Smiley

- Hammer
The plural of anecdote is not data.
IP Logged

Steve_in_Texas

No personal text

Reply #3 - Oct 6th, 2004 at 1:38pm
Print Post Print Post  
Bob, thats great news. I'm very eager to try out the @queryuser(?). Thats going to change things entirely for me.

First thing I'll do is set up a program to "Find/Replace" data in an LE by querying the user for the Find and Replace spec and the LE name. I'll post to the examples board as soon as it's done.

Tons of other benefits also! Can't wait.

Thanks Lantica!

Steve

ps. Erika, thanks for the explanation of the delay on 1.0.5. I thought we were being forced to wait becuase we didnt go to the conference. I was beginning to feel like an kid placed in 'timeout'. Smiley

IP Logged

Bob_Hansen
Members

WOW, They have the Internet
on computers now!

Reply #4 - Oct 6th, 2004 at 2:42pm
Print Post Print Post  
I am sure no one is being left out.  When we were provided the disk, it was with warnings. 

I paraphrase the instructions:  "THIS DISK IS AN ADVANCE, UNRELEASED, copy of much of 1.0.5".  Use with caution.  Do not copy any 1.0.4 or earlier applications to this version.  May have unexpected consequences.  Purpose is to allow some advance playing with features that were demonstrated at the Users Conference.  More quality testing is needed, more features may be added, some may still be modified".

All of us who attended are anxiously waiting for the release like everyone else is.

Bob Hansen
Sesame Database Manager Professional
Sensible Solutions Inc.
Salem, NH
603-898-8223
Skype ID = sensiblesolutions
IP Logged