Normal Topic nubersearch does not work (Read 678 times)
wase

Always looking for a good
code

nubersearch does not work
Aug 2nd, 2004 at 3:29pm
Print Post Print Post  
hi i have a problem with numbersearch e.g. the countries and cities database in the sub database cities:
i want to search for any city with mor than 1000 inhabitants so i typed: > 1000
if i press F10 i get the following message:syntaxerror in query
if i click on the left side on the symbol retrieve new results i get the message no records returned by query.
i wrote this problem to sesame suport center and i got the following message form Raymond Yoxall back:
Number search works perfectly fine for me here. What are you typing? I was typing "> 1000" without the quotes and it works perfectly.
so pleas help me i don't know how to go on...

wase

ICQ ICQ  
IP Logged

Hammer
YaBB Administrator
Lanticans

Fire bad. Tree pretty.

Re: nubersearch does not work
Reply #1 - Aug 2nd, 2004 at 3:36pm
Print Post Print Post  
wase,

Raymond is asking for more detail so he can find the difference between what you are doing (which isn't working) and what he is doing (which is working). I suggest you answer him and continue working with him on this. His answer should NOT be interpreted as "It works for me, so I'm not going to help you anymore".  He really does want to know exactly what you are doing so he can try to replicate the problem. He may ask for a copy of your app, so he can try it himself and see what the problem is.

Number searches in general do work, so Tech Support is looking for something specific about your app that is different.

- Hammer
The plural of anecdote is not data.
IP Logged