Normal Topic subform issues (Read 528 times)
Rebeccafsg

No personal text

subform issues
May 26th, 2004 at 3:11pm
Print Post Print Post  
Hi,

In our Sesame application, we have several subforms under each client's main form.  When I am going into the main form to search, often I find that I am not able to click on the subforms.  We have them tabbed at the bottom and I can switch between the subforms, but cannot put the cursor into the boxes within the subforms to edit or add data or move scroll bars.   What could be causing this?  it is not constant, but happens quite often. 

Also, we just found today that when searching from one of our subforms within the main form search area, it does not bring up any records, even though we know there are records containing the values we are searching for... any ideas on this?

Thanks alot!
Rebecca

IP Logged

Hammer
YaBB Administrator
Lanticans

Fire bad. Tree pretty.

Re: subform issues
Reply #1 - May 26th, 2004 at 3:41pm
Print Post Print Post  
Rebecca,

It is possible that your Form/Subform relationships are a bit tangled. Sesame has two different ways to link child records. If yours are not linked in the way you think, you may not be getting the subrecords you expect. Someone used to a standard relational model may make assumptions that are not necessarily correct in Sesame. There may also have been an attempt to convert from one kind of linking to the other midstream, which may or may not have been completed.

If you want to send your application to support@lantica.com, along with a description of how to see the problem, we may be able to help sort this out for you.

- Hammer
The plural of anecdote is not data.
IP Logged