Normal Topic Forum Quoting (Read 681 times)
Bob_Hansen
Members

WOW, They have the Internet
on computers now!

Forum Quoting
May 18th, 2004 at 10:02pm
Print Post Print Post  
There was a question in another thread ( http://www.lantica.com/Forum2/cgi-bin/yabb/YaBB.pl?board=gen_disc;action=modify2 ) about how to make the Quotes in this forum.  I thought it should be under its own topic.  So here is my reply:
==================================
Hello Blightman

Quote:
Hammer,

It is safe to assume that what I sent you are the only records in question.  Thousands more will be imported later.

Option #2 is what I want to do.  What other questions do you have?

By the way: how do you quote from a previous post?  That would make my quotes more presentable.
Highlight the section you want to quote.  In the area above the message, to the right, click on "Quote".  This will open a Reply message with the quoted section in there for you.  That's how I did the quote above.
=======================
You can also make a quote manually.  You can type in ["quote]TYPE YOUR TEXT AND END WITH [/quote"].  Do not actually type the " characters.  I have included them here to prevent the forum from thinking they are real quote sections.  That will result in
Quote:
TYPE YOUR TEXT AND END WITH

Or you can highlight existing text in the current message, can click on the icon for quotes..  It is above the smiley faces, 2nd icon from the right.  Depending on your browser, that may automatically put quotes around the highlighted section, or it may just put the ["quote]  [/quote"] sections at the bottom and you will have to Cut/Paste.   I will do that now to put
Quote:
HELLO WORLD
in quoted format.

Bob Hansen
Sesame Database Manager Professional
Sensible Solutions Inc.
Salem, NH
603-898-8223
Skype ID = sensiblesolutions
IP Logged

JFisher

No personal text

Re: Forum Quoting
Reply #1 - May 19th, 2004 at 12:22pm
Print Post Print Post  
Bob,
Thanks for the tip.  I have been wondering how to do that.  We appreciate your "humble pride"
Jack

IP Logged

JJuarez

No personal text

Reply #2 - May 19th, 2004 at 2:30pm
Print Post Print Post  
Quote:
Bob,
Thanks for the tip.  I have been wondering how to do that.  We appreciate your "humble pride"
Jack

I myself was wondering how this was being done.
Thanks

IP Logged

Blightman

No personal text

Reply #3 - May 19th, 2004 at 6:48pm
Print Post Print Post  
Thank you, sir!  This is a very beneficial post.

IP Logged