Normal Topic Re: Preview mode suggestion (Read 391 times)
FSGROUP

No personal text

Re: Preview mode suggestion
Mar 23rd, 2004 at 9:19pm
Print Post Print Post  
I don't believe you have to close the design tab to run Preview. And once you've executed a preview, you don't need to open the Application branch again (unless you've closed it of course).  What do u mean by "Select application"? Doesn't preview open your current working app?

A suggestion I have is to have the designer tabs accessible when you're in preview mode so if you encounter an error you can simply go back to designer, fix up your error and go back to preview w/out having to exit and reopen Preview mode. I guess what I'm saying is being able to manouever b/w Designer and preview mode at the same time.

IP Logged

Hammer
YaBB Administrator
Lanticans

Fire bad. Tree pretty.

Re: Preview mode suggestion
Reply #1 - Mar 23rd, 2004 at 9:26pm
Print Post Print Post  
2. Actually, you don't have to Close the Design tab. You can Preview with the Design tab open.

3. Once you've done this once, the Application menu brach should stay open, so you don't have to do that anymore.

5. Not sure what you mean by Select Application.

FSGroup,
Your suggestion is interesting, but extremely difficult. Preview is emulating Runtime, so we can't just dump Designer elements into it. In addition, if you make changes to the Form design, without closing and reopening the Form in Preview, there is no way to refresh the changes.

Walt's suggestion is much more viable. I'll put it on my list.  Smiley

- Hammer
The plural of anecdote is not data.
IP Logged