Normal Topic Formating Reports (Read 492 times)
bstone30

No personal text

Formating Reports
Feb 24th, 2004 at 5:40pm
Print Post Print Post  
I am not having much luck designing reports that will break and subtotal and than give a grand total at the bottom.  Can Sesame subcount and count?  I can't make it do both.  Also, the grand total will not line up with the column unless I add a zillion spacers.  What am I doing wrong?  Also, can a static picture be added to the header of columnar report to look like letterhead? If so, how?

IP Logged

Hammer
YaBB Administrator
Lanticans

Fire bad. Tree pretty.

Re: Formating Reports
Reply #1 - Feb 24th, 2004 at 6:42pm
Print Post Print Post  
Quote:
I am not having much luck designing reports that will break and subtotal and than give a grand total at the bottom.  Can Sesame subcount and count?  I can't make it do both.

For subcounts and subtotals, put a summary element in the Group Footer. For grand totals and grand counts, but a summary element in the View Footer or the Report Footer.

Quote:
Also, the grand total will not line up with the column unless I add a zillion spacers.  What am I doing wrong?

Only the three Group sections are bound together in columns. Becasue of the HTML format, the elements in the other sections cannot be made to reliably line up with elements in the Group sections. You can, however, use a Static Text element to label your Grand Totals or Counts.

Quote:
Also, can a static picture be added to the header of columnar report to look like letterhead? If so, how?

Yes, you can put a Static Picture in the Report Header and set its label to the full path of the image you want to show, just like on a Form. There is currently a known bug in this that is preventing the picture from being displayed, but this will be taken care of.

- Hammer
The plural of anecdote is not data.
IP Logged