Normal Topic db failed to open (Read 692 times)
Alan

No personal text

db failed to open
Feb 21st, 2004 at 3:16am
Print Post Print Post  
I got my database set up in along with reports so it worked  in Sesame.  Was already to try it on the staff when I got the error message Customer.db failed to open.  I closed Sesame and went back to Desiner and tried to reconcile figuring this might solve the problem but got the error message Failure to reconcile, application is already being served. 

I had an earlier copy of the database in another folder as a backup so I tried that and it opened fine.  But it was late and I didn't do anything but open it.

Today I opened the original database and it opens but there are no reports in it.  The names of reports are all there but no report.  When I look at the reports in designer the first one is a blank report grid.  The bind element to box does not have the drop down list of elements.  When I look at the second report I don't even get the report grid, just a blank box.  I can design a new report and the bind element drop down list works.  But when I go back to Sesame, after reconciling, the new report runs but the next report crashes Sesame.  And now it won't open the database again.

I must be goofing something up.

Operating system is XP Home edition.  I want my DOS back! 

Alan

IP Logged

Bharat_Naik
Members

Ever ready to learn and

Re: db failed to open
Reply #1 - Feb 21st, 2004 at 7:09am
Print Post Print Post  
Quote:
I got my database set up in along with reports so it worked  in Sesame.  Was already to try it on the staff when I got the error message Customer.db failed to open.

When a database fails to open, you just have to Unlock the database. You can either do it using Sunlock utility that comes with Sesame or you can use Unlock the database tab in Server Administration that is available in File drop down menu in Sesame.

The later is faster and easier. The default UserID = admin  & Default Password = hello

IP Logged

Alan

No personal text

Re: db failed to open
Reply #2 - Feb 21st, 2004 at 7:07pm
Print Post Print Post  
Thank you Bharat.  Using the latter I opened the database.  The reports don't work or crash Sesame so I'm going to delete all the reports and redesign them.

I'll let you know what happens.

Thanks again
Alan

IP Logged