Normal Topic Layout Manager /Manage Layouts- Report Order? (Read 662 times)
dcostanzo
Members

No personal text

Layout Manager /Manage Layouts- Report Order?
Feb 11th, 2004 at 7:14pm
Print Post Print Post  
From the Designer menu tree select Manage A Database
Under Manage Layouts
Layout Manager Window

Is there a way to set a tab order on these reports?

It would more useful to be able to access the mostly frequently used reports at the top of the tree vs. at the bottom of the tree. (If that makes sense?) 

Is there is any way to click and drag/drag- move things around to your preferences while in Layout Manager Window? In the *.dsr

I have also observed that while working in a *.db  after a retrieving a result set, you can click on the first letter of a report listed (i.e. Facility Report) Sesame will bring you right to the first report by clicking on the letter F. If I try to toggle to the next report that begins with F i.e.Facility Report2, when I click on F again, it does not toggle down to the next report beginning with the letter F.  It is not really a big issue, but it would be nice to be able toggle down to the next report.   

Regards,

Dave Costanzo

IP Logged

The Cow
YaBB Administrator

Re:  Layout Manager /Manage Layouts- Report Order?
Reply #1 - Feb 11th, 2004 at 8:02pm
Print Post Print Post  
Quote:
I have also observed that while working in a *.db  after a retrieving a result set, you can click on the first letter of a report listed (i.e. Facility Report) Sesame will bring you right to the first report by clicking on the letter F. If I try to toggle to the next report that begins with F i.e.Facility Report2, when I click on F again, it does not toggle down to the next report beginning with the letter F.  It is not really a big issue, but it would be nice to be able toggle down to the next report. 

It is expecting further typing to differentiate alphetically. Lets say you have 5 reports:

Fancy
Frivolous
Fanatical
Fierce
Folly

If you type "F" it will take you to the first report starting with "F", which would be "Fancy". But if you continue, typing an "O", it will take you to "Folly". There is a timeout on this behavior of a few seconds. After the timeout elapses, it resets to the start of the word and your current position on the list.

Mark Lasersohn&&Programmer&&Lantica Software, LLC
IP Logged

dcostanzo
Members

No personal text

Re:  Layout Manager /Manage Layouts- Report Order?
Reply #2 - Feb 11th, 2004 at 8:23pm
Print Post Print Post  
Thank you for your reply

Very interesting

I will try this with your comments in mind.

Will test on *.db

Thanks

David

IP Logged