Normal Topic John Dow - Sad News (Read 1448 times)
Hammer
YaBB Administrator
Lanticans

Fire bad. Tree pretty.

John Dow - Sad News
Feb 23rd, 2018 at 2:55pm
Print Post Print Post  
For those of you who have not yet heard, John T. Dow, Q&A luminary and Founding Member of Lantica Software, passed away suddenly on January 14, 2018.
Obituary

- Hammer
The plural of anecdote is not data.
IP Logged

Bob_Hansen
Members

WOW, They have the Internet
on computers now!

Re: John Dow - Sad News
Reply #1 - Feb 27th, 2018 at 6:39pm
Print Post Print Post  
Thanks for the info about John, Erika.

I still use his DTFDOCTOR utilities a few times a year (Yes, Q&A is still alive in New Hampshire).  I always enjoyed discussions with John at the annual BASH events.  He was always willing to help solve problems and was very creative.  Our community has lost a great asset. 

I remember questioning his wisdom when he bought a hybrid car.  A few years later, I did the same thing, he even had an influence on that decision!  Have had that same Prius for over twelve years now.  Thanks for your help, John.

So John, don't give the other angels a hard time up there.  Perform your own miracles like you did down here.

Bob Hansen
Sesame Database Manager Professional
Sensible Solutions Inc.
Salem, NH
603-898-8223
Skype ID = sensiblesolutions
IP Logged

actiontech

Re: John Dow - Sad News
Reply #2 - Mar 9th, 2018 at 3:31pm
Print Post Print Post  
I didn't know him personally but I respect the work he did. I looked a little bit at his website and it seems he was very interested in using Java to create "truly relational" databases. I find that interesting because I'm interested in learning Java myself and I like that the syntax seems similar to sBasic.

IP Logged