Normal Topic Event Programming: On FormCommit? (Read 520 times)
actiontech

Event Programming: On FormCommit?
Jan 14th, 2018 at 3:29pm
Print Post Print Post  
Hello,

I have a problem where I want programming to run ONLY when a user saves the form. Specifically, I want to be notified of all modifications to the record. I think I've figured out that much of it (I hope) but my problem lies in the event programming. Currently I have:

On Form Entry
On Form Exit
On Form Change
On Form Delete
On Form Reveal
On Form Hide
On Element Entry
On Element Exit
On Element Change
On Element Immediate Change
On Reveal
On Hide
On Draw
Universal Event
On Retrieve Spec Open

The closeset one I got to what I want to do was "On Form Change" however, here's the problem. Say I want to be emailed a specific message letting me know the date and time a RECORD was modified. Any time you so much as click on a field and then click onto another field and so on, I recieve and email. Meaning, the programming is looking at even just clicking in a field as a "Form Change", not even changing the data in that field, not saving or anything. Just clicking in it.

I haven't seemed to find a way around this yet.

Modified programming works great, though it would be awesome if I could get more specific with this in the future. (e.g. Which fields were modified, etc?)

The Email programming works great as well, which is awesome and I'm enjoying a lot.

I just can't seem to figure out how to get this programming to run when someone saves the form. And to get sent individual emails for each record that was modified. Possibly, a record-by-record basis? But then again I usually save each time I edit a record, but I don't know.

Anyways, any thoughts or advice are greatly appreciated per the usual. Thank you for your time.

IP Logged

Ray the Reaper
Global Moderator
Members
Lantica Support

The One & The Only

Re: Event Programming: On FormCommit?
Reply #1 - Jan 18th, 2018 at 4:00pm
Print Post Print Post  
If your Form Change programming is firing simply by clicking through elements, something in your form programming is modifying a value on your form.

Currently there is no dedicated FormCommit event, I would recommend using the On Form Exit event along with the @Modified command in a conditional.

-Ray

Raymond Yoxall Consulting
ray.yoxall@gmail.com
ryoxall@lantica.com
Sesame Applications, Design and Support
IP Logged