Normal Topic Problem with fields updating to new information (Read 7179 times)
jsmoody

Problem with fields updating to new information
Jan 11th, 2018 at 1:13pm
Print Post Print Post  
I have searched for an answer here on the forums but have not  been able to come up with anything. I have a database and one form has product orders on it and the price fields fetch their data from another form where I input the pricing for each product. I have imported all of the current pricing to the price list but the product order form won't update to the new pricing unless I manually delete something from one of the fields and tab over. What am I missing? I'm trying to avoid manually updating 1000 records.

IP Logged

Ray the Reaper
Global Moderator
Members
Lantica Support

The One & The Only

Re: Problem with fields updating to new information
Reply #1 - Jan 11th, 2018 at 3:15pm
Print Post Print Post  
It sounds as if your form has been programmed to lookup the price either on Form or Element Change, which is the right way to do it, as generally you only want the information looked up when a record is added.

If you're wanting to update 1000 records to have the new pricing information, without doing it manually, you will want to write and execute a mass update. Mass Update is covered starting on page 297 of the Sesame 2 User Guide.

-Ray

Raymond Yoxall Consulting
ray.yoxall@gmail.com
ryoxall@lantica.com
Sesame Applications, Design and Support
IP Logged

jsmoody

Reply #2 - Jan 11th, 2018 at 11:06pm
Print Post Print Post  
I first used the mass update to blank out the field thinking that the form would update itself but it doesn't I see. I've tried to write a mass update script that will fill it in but it's not working.

Both forms are in a database called dummy18. The data I'm trying to update is in a  form called INV, in a field named ADV_RTL. I'm trying to pull the data from the form PLIST in field name ADV. The field ITEM is common to both forms.

My code looks like this:

set ADV_RTL = @xlookup (@FN,"plist",("ITEM!"), "adv")

The mass update runs with no errors but it doesn't update the field. Still at 0. Obviously I am missing something here, and thank you for your input. I'm very novice at this.

IP Logged

Ray the Reaper
Global Moderator
Members
Lantica Support

The One & The Only

Reply #3 - Jan 18th, 2018 at 6:20pm
Print Post Print Post  
Your code should probably be something like

Code
Select All
ADV_RTL = @xlookup(@FN, Item, "PLIST!ITEM", "adv") 

-Ray

Raymond Yoxall Consulting
ray.yoxall@gmail.com
ryoxall@lantica.com
Sesame Applications, Design and Support
IP Logged