Normal Topic multiple Sesame versions compatible? (Read 13387 times)
obfusc88

No personal text

multiple Sesame versions compatible?
Dec 2nd, 2017 at 2:14am
Print Post Print Post  
Would there be any tech problems in having multiple versions of Sesame installed on the same system and/or server?  I seem to recall using a newer development version might make the earlier user version have some tech problems. But I really want to move up from version 2.6.0 on my own system.

I support a number of applications that are running on different versions.  I am hesitant to use a newer version on my system because I don't want to make them incompatible.   So when changes are needed I do the work on their systems with their version of designer.

I was thinking of having multiple versions on my own development system so I can select the correct version and do the work on my own computer. So, if customer has 2.0 I would use the 2.0 version.   Use 2.6 if needed or 2.6.4 if needed,  etc.

Would it be all right to rename sesame.exe and sdesigner.exe to something like sesame260.exe and sdesigner260.exe for quick identification of version being looked at and used?  I understand that newer version commands would not work on earlier versions.  This could help me as I work with them to upgrade their versions.

IP Logged

Ray the Reaper
Global Moderator
Members
Lantica Support

The One & The Only

Re: multiple Sesame versions compatible?
Reply #1 - Dec 4th, 2017 at 2:29pm
Print Post Print Post  
Yes, you can have multiple versions of Sesame on the same Machine. Yes you can rename the executables. Yes, you may very well run into issues if you start mixing which version of Sesame you are using on the same application(using 2.6.4 one day and then 2.0 the next day on the same DSR).

-Ray

Raymond Yoxall Consulting
ray.yoxall@gmail.com
ryoxall@lantica.com
Sesame Applications, Design and Support
IP Logged

obfusc88

No personal text

Re: multiple Sesame versions compatible?
Reply #2 - Dec 4th, 2017 at 7:37pm
Print Post Print Post  
That's what I thought but better to ask.  Thanks Ray.

IP Logged