Sticky Topic Sesame API (Read 27535 times)
Hammer
YaBB Administrator
Lanticans

Fire bad. Tree pretty.

Sesame API
Apr 28th, 2010 at 3:21pm
Print Post Print Post  
We're releasing the free Sesame API today, but I thought you folks might like a preview. It's been very useful in testing. We've even given it out to a few people who had a specific need for it, and it's performing quite well in the field. To read about what it does and/or download it:

Sesame Application Programming Interface

- Hammer
The plural of anecdote is not data.
IP Logged

Bob_Hansen
Members

WOW, They have the Internet
on computers now!

Re: Sesame API
Reply #1 - Apr 30th, 2010 at 2:51am
Print Post Print Post  
Just downloaded the API Client.  I am sure we will be discussing this on Saturday at our SANE meeting. 

This will probably be much better than ODBC, I like the ability to support so many languages, thanks a lot.

Bob Hansen
Sesame Database Manager Professional
Sensible Solutions Inc.
Salem, NH
603-898-8223
Skype ID = sensiblesolutions
IP Logged

Bob_Hansen
Members

WOW, They have the Internet
on computers now!

Reply #2 - Apr 30th, 2010 at 3:58am
Print Post Print Post  
I just opened the Countries Merge.doc sample file for use with Visual Basic. 

Like all the other Lantica work, this is excellent work.  The sample with Visual Basic code is well laid out, clearly commented, indented for easy reading.

Also a terrific idea to include the declarations file for pasting into new documents.  Good to have note about no need to remove unwanted declarations, makes it really simple to jsut jum right in and develop the needed coding.

Will need some time to understand all of the new Sesame functions, but they seem to be intuitive.  Again, the documentation with the syntax and examples is just what is needed.

Thanks for the tools to help connect with other applications, a real plus for us.

Bob Hansen
Sesame Database Manager Professional
Sensible Solutions Inc.
Salem, NH
603-898-8223
Skype ID = sensiblesolutions
IP Logged

Hammer
YaBB Administrator
Lanticans

Fire bad. Tree pretty.

Reply #3 - Jun 8th, 2010 at 4:17pm
Print Post Print Post  
FYI: Since the release of the Sesame API, we've seen people making interesting and very successful use of it, including integrations with Crystal Reports, SharePoint, and JAWS (screen reader for the visually impaired).  If you're working with the API, we'd love to hear what you're doing with it. If you're thinking about giving it a try, it's definitely worth exploring.

Sesame Application Programming Interface

- Hammer
IP Logged

dhopkins

Reply #4 - Aug 14th, 2011 at 2:29pm
Print Post Print Post  
Hi,
Thanks for providing the API. It's extremely useful.
We recently upgraded our version of PHP to 5.3 as required to stay PCI compliant. But the new version of PHP has removed the dl() function used in the api. It shows the following error.
Fatal error: Call to undefined function dl() in <path>/sesame_php_api.php on line 22

Is there a workaround or patch I can apply to sesame_php_api.php to get it up and running again?

Thanks,
Derrick

IP Logged

Hammer
YaBB Administrator
Lanticans

Fire bad. Tree pretty.

Reply #5 - Aug 15th, 2011 at 7:28pm
Print Post Print Post  
dhopkins wrote on Aug 14th, 2011 at 2:29pm:
Hi,
Thanks for providing the API. It's extremely useful.
We recently upgraded our version of PHP to 5.3 as required to stay PCI compliant. But the new version of PHP has removed the dl() function used in the api. It shows the following error.
Fatal error: Call to undefined function dl() in <path>/sesame_php_api.php on line 22

Is there a workaround or patch I can apply to sesame_php_api.php to get it up and running again?

If your version of PHP has disabled dl(), then you need to use the extension directive in your php.ini file to load the extension.

- Hammer
IP Logged