Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2]  Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
Hot Topic (More than 10 Replies) Invoice System (Read 20298 times)
Bob_Hansen
Members

WOW, They have the Internet
on computers now!

Re: Invoice System
Reply #15 - Mar 9th, 2004 at 7:15am
Print Post Print Post  
From Becky:
Quote:
hard work may turn out to be in vein.
Like the two blood corpuscles who loved in vein? Grin

Not at all.  This gave me the opportunity to send and receive data to a web form without a browser.  It forced me to understand some fine tuning between Win9x and XP routines.  I now have new tools in my toobox.

I learned this a long time ago: When the only tool you have is a hammer, then every problem looks like a nail.

I still need to do the hard part, integrate the work underneath into Sesame. Did not want to try that until I knew I could do this part.   Not much time this week, may have to wait till after 3/15.

================================
From Bob Scott:
Quote:
Please tell us more about it.
Unable to do that right now, Bob.  This has been a hodgepodge of a number of software tools that I have developed in house, some hybrids that I could not recommend.  I am now taking the existing module and trying to duplicate it using some standard tools.  Perhaps this may be part of an article for Tom and Inside Sesame in the future.

Bob Hansen
Sesame Database Manager Professional
Sensible Solutions Inc.
Salem, NH
603-898-8223
Skype ID = sensiblesolutions
IP Logged

BOBSCOTT
Members

That Darn Computer #$X#
{curse words}

Reply #16 - Mar 9th, 2004 at 2:01pm
Print Post Print Post  
Quote:
This has been a hodgepodge of a number of software tools that I have developed in house, some hybrids that I could not recommend.  I am now taking the existing module and trying to duplicate it using some standard tools.  Perhaps this may be part of an article for Tom and Inside Sesame in the future.

Bob,

Thanks for the info, I look forward to reading more about this in the future.  Smiley

Team – Together Everyone Achieves More

IP Logged

Bob_Hansen
Members

on computers now!

Reply #17 - Jul 1st, 2005 at 4:22am
Print Post Print Post  
Hello Bob Scott

You recently contacted me regarding a utility that I had created.  Well, I think that this is the section that you were asking about. 

It has been so long since I worked on it, I don't recall where it stands, but if you can list your specific needs, then maybe I can assist.

Bob Hansen
Sensible Solutions Inc.
Salem, NH
603-898-8223
IP Logged

BOBSCOTT
Members

That Darn Computer #$X#
{curse words}

Reply #18 - Jul 1st, 2005 at 5:47pm
Print Post Print Post  
Quote:
if you can list your specific needs, then maybe I can assist.

Here is a quick explanation.

A user is in a form that contains property information. They are adding and updating the elements as they talk to a client. Quickly and easily they need to preliminarily validate/verify that the property is close to the value a client claims it is. To do this they need data from a tittle company website. The ideal situation is for a command button to spawn a browser go to a website enter login and password and fill in the correct data, that website then creates a quick comp report that is displayed.

I had successfully done something similar for a forum member who had a similar problem, the difference was the website they used was capable of taking all the information as passed perimeters.   What I did was create a command button that when pressed started IE and put the url and all the needed input data on the line.

The website I am working with now will not allow this so I thought maybe some options might be:

have the command button call a third party macro utility that could handle the passed values and type them in as needed

or

Have the command button create an output file with the data and find a utility that would use that file to create the macro with data on the fly

Or

Maybe figure out if I can use Sbasics keyboard commands to accomplish my goal.

I had remembered you doing something similar to my needs for another user and I am always willing to learn from others. (I pick up tricks from you and other users and lanticans daily) I hate to re-invent the wheel so I figured I would ask.

So, What do you think.

Ideas and opinions from anyone and everyone is greatly appreciated

Thanks,

Robert Smiley

Team – Together Everyone Achieves More

IP Logged

Bob_Hansen
Members

on computers now!

Reply #19 - Jul 1st, 2005 at 9:52pm
Print Post Print Post  
Maybe open this up as new subject in the current forum.  If you repost your request above, I will follow it with my response.

Again, rather than reinventing anything, have you tried telnet to the website yet? 

Try from your browser URL line first. If it works then you can start to SHELL it.

From http://www.anzio.com/support/troubleshooting/browsers.htm :
=============================== Quote:
How Telnets Work With Browsers

There are many RFC available over the Internet and dealing with Internet protocol. One of the oldest RFC's out there is that dealing with the Universal Resource Locator (URL) type for web browses and  for the Telnet protocol.

Just as "http://" refers to a link to an "Hypertext Markup Language" (html) page, and "ftp://" to the File Transfer Protocol (ftp) link, "telnet://" refers to linking to a site via the telnet protocol. Most browsers allow you to enter this text either as a manually entered URL (on the Open URL or Address line), or to set a link to click on from a web page. Hence a link or an entered URL address would show as
                  telnet://host.name

Additional information in the RFC also refers to how you can set automated logins for particular telnet sites. This is not as clean as it may sound however. The RFC specifies that an URL can contain the login or the login and password. This is entered as
                   telnet://login@host.name
  or               telnet://login:password@host.name

Most browsers on the market today, support "helper" or "add-on" applications that support specific URL types.

Microsoft and Netscape take this one step further by associating a MIME or File Type for file associations (from any application in fact). The file type for telnet is referred to as "URL:Telnet Protocol".

Bob Hansen
Sensible Solutions Inc.
Salem, NH
603-898-8223
IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 
Send Topic Send Topic Print Print