I get a message that says my application is locked and may be in use. What should I do? (For Sesame v.2)
If an application has been closed incorrectly, the next time you open the application it will be locked. When attempting to open a locked Sesame application, a warning message similar to the following will appear.
"Database C:\Sesame 2\Data\MyData.db failed to open. The application is locked and may currently be in use."
To unlock your application so it can be opened follow the steps below:
1. Select File > Server Administration.
2. The Administrator Login dialog appears. Enter the correct administrator login information. By default, the login name is "admin" and the password is "hello". Click on the Accept button.
3. Select the Unlock Application tab at the bottom of the Server Administration window.
4. In the area to the left where files are listed browse until you see the application file that is locked.
5. Left-click on the application file you want to unlock. Sesame displays a confirmation message in the status box at the lower right of the window. Above the confirmation message there is a command button labeled 'Unlock Selected Application'. Click on the command button.
6. Once you have unlocked your application you can exit the server administration window and open your application.
Note: Please be certain that the application is not in use by any user or server before selecting that application to be unlocked.