Normal Topic Selecting an element - how? (Read 5784 times)
Axel

Selecting an element - how?
Oct 3rd, 2009 at 3:20pm
Print Post Print Post  
Hello everybody,
I am new in this forum. Apologizes if I perhaps behave not in accordance with the rules which I am not familar with.
I am also brand new in using Sesame. In fact I have installed the trial version of Sesame just a couple of days ago and I am still tying to understand the philosophy behind it. But I have used (an I am still using Q&A) for almost 20 years.
Now the problem I am facing. I have imported (Lantica calls it translatrd) a Q&A database into Sesame. It works fine. However I want to redesign the Form, because the characters (fonts) are very small and tiny and I do not know how to achieve this. The software seems to refuse to allow be to select an element for alteration purposes. In fact I am unable to select elements of the form at all. I have managed to enter the mode of redesigning the existing form produced by Sesame whilst translating the stuff. From other programmes I am used to select an element simply by mouse click. This is probably not possible with Sesame. Sesame keeps telling me that  "no elements are selected".
It may be that I understood the instructions falsely. I am German and English is not my mothertongue. Any hints are appreciated.
By the way. Are any German Sesame users around in this forum?
Regards
Axel

IP Logged

The Cow
YaBB Administrator

Re: Selecting an element - how?
Reply #1 - Oct 3rd, 2009 at 5:51pm
Print Post Print Post  
To select an element simply click on it using the left mouse button. To select multiple elements, "lasso" them by clicking and dragging the mouse pointer, or hold the shift key and selecting each element. You can also select elements by clicking on the form surface and then using the cursor keys until the text cursor intersects/enters and element. The means of selection in Sesame's form designer are much the same as any other form editor typical of Windows or X11.

From the error message you are reporting, you are clicking on the form surface itself rather than on any element. If you have an element selected, a black rectangular line will surround that element with a small gray square in its lower right corner. The properties of the selected element will be seen in the property viewer. Also, that error is reported by the element property viewer, rather than the element property editor used to alter font size - which is directly above the viewer.

Yes, there are some other German users here.

Mark Lasersohn&&Programmer&&Lantica Software, LLC
IP Logged